Melanie has worked as a solicitor at Davis Lawyers since March 2020 under the supervision of both Principal and Accredited Property Specialist Mr Peter Davis, and Accredited Wills and Estates specialist Mrs Debra Davis. Melanie has a particular interest in disputes and litigation in general commercial matters, property and in Wills and Estates. Melanie has always provided her clients with the time, skill and attention they need, by offering practical solutions, and in depth advice to all matters they may face.
Outside of the office, Melanie enjoys learning new languages, exploring new places at home and overseas, and spending time with her family.
Some examples of Melanie’s experience at Davis Lawyers involves:
- Running debt recovery proceedings on behalf of various lenders, which involve drafting Section 76 Notices to Pay, Statement of Claims, defences, negotiating with the otherside and appearing at the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Preparing letters of advice regarding contracts of sale, various business agreements/contracts (including the drafting of special conditions), leases, complex property transfers seeking exemptions to land transfer (stamp) duty, fencing disputes and will and estate matters;
- Drafting Limited Recourse Loan Agreements or familiar Loan Agreements and registering the Mortgages or caveats therein, including the creation of Bare Trusts Deeds;
- General commercial matters, including deeds of variation to effect a change of trustee (including all property transfers), and drafting of company minutes and resolutions pursuant to the company constitution and the Corporations Act 2001;
- Acting on behalf of and advising various commercial Landlords, regarding disputes under the Retail Leases Act 2003;
- Drafting simple and complex Wills, including Powers of Attorney for clients including Pro-Bono clients;
- Supporting both Counsel and our Accredited Specialist Mrs Debra Davis in various VCAT proceedings, including guardianship and administration disputes and unpaid rental disputes involving commercial clients; and
- Acting on behalf of respondents who are the subject of Intervention Orders and appearing in the Magistrates Court.