Stewart has worked at a variety of firms across his career including boutique practices of a similar size and reputation to Davis Lawyers and also a large national firm. Stewart has worked predominantly in the property space and has advised some of Victoria’s premium business groups such as the Bertochhi Small Goods Group and the Lastrada Investment Group.
He has considerable experience in acting for high net worth individuals in property purchasers exceeding 10 million dollars. Stewart has a particular interest in leasing and advising on State Revenue Office duty exemption applications as well as dealing with property related disputes. Stewart’s clients value his pragmatic and commercial approach and his ability to communicate with them in a timely and effective manner. When not practicing, Stewart enjoys keeping fit, riding his bike and supporting the Carlton Football Club. Stewart’s experience involves the following:
- Negotiation commercial, industrial and retail leasing including drafting and negotiating additional provisions for Landlord and Tenant clients;
- Acting for developers in developments ranging between 3 and 100 lots;
- Commercial acquisitions and dispositions of factory sales and purchasers;
- Preparing letters of advice concerning Adverse Possession Claims and the new Covid-19 Commercial Leasing Code of Conduct;
- Drafting stratum title contracts of sale and vendor’s statements; including drafting required special conditions to comply with the Corporations Act;
- Establishing limited recourse borrowing arrangements concerning bare trustees. This included liaising with superannuation lawyers and accountants in establishing trust structure and arranging for the transfers to take place electronically;
- Acting in relation to loan agreements (including lodging mortgages on PEXA) and in relation to providing solicitor’s certificates;
- Residential conveyancing (including sales exceeding $10 million);
- Retirement village contractual advice and conveyancing, including drafting letters of advice.
- State Revenue Office duty exemption application for a number of developer clients; and
- Reviewing and preparing various commercial contracts and advice.